Knittingpretty

Let me introduce myself. I'm a 42 year old mother of triplet 20 year old boys. Yep, that's my only claim to fame*LOL* . They've moved out..and my job has become..stressful.Currently I joined a couple of knitting groups.And they in turn have people..that knit.(no..really??) .and have blogs..So I figured..why not!

Monday, October 16, 2006

A Picture of the sweater from ****..it's taken me a year of on and off knitting..as you can tell..I took on a challenge..since I was only knitting scarves in stockinette before trying my hand at this..


Oh what a pain..Giant cable interlaced with small cables..a twisted stitch that I can't seem to make twist!..two X cables..three other cables on top of that..and knowing I still have to make the front and sleeves and the collar..oh joy..and finnish this back..

ahh..on another note
The scarf for Greg in alpaca..seed stitch..what a pleasure this is to knit!!..I had to use bamboo..only because the stitches were slipping and sliding off the needles with the silvalumes..

2 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Funny how a project we start can seem to "run away on us"... I've got one almost finished arm warmer that lurks in the back of my mind everyday... must finish (or frog, I don't know)

Anyway, triplet boys hey? Wow I bet you've got some stories!!! Me, a 40yr old mom of a 10yr old. Late bloomer - me, not the boy...

I enjoy your blog!

12:51 AM  
Blogger April in SC said...

I think that sweater is so beautiful and I can't imagine making it! Looks hard! lol Your scarf is just wonderful to, for some reason all my seed stitch comes out looking wrong to me, maybe its not but it looks it to me. Anyway, your doing a wonderful job and I can't wait to see your projects done! :c)

April in SC

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<

<< Home