Knittingpretty

Let me introduce myself. I'm a 42 year old mother of triplet 20 year old boys. Yep, that's my only claim to fame*LOL* . They've moved out..and my job has become..stressful.Currently I joined a couple of knitting groups.And they in turn have people..that knit.(no..really??) .and have blogs..So I figured..why not!

Monday, November 27, 2006

magic stripes

I am actually wrestling with socks..I bought Magic Stripes by lionbrand..and am finding the pattern that came with it confusing without the pictures....but the worst part is..I'm bending my bamboo needles because the yarn is so small to hold onto! My hands are exceedingly sore..Someone asked me the other day what price I would sell them for..I have no clue..nor do I feel I'm experienced enough to sell what I make..I'd love to see how long it takes me to do these socks..but free time is limited..as I'm doing some major cleaning also on my nights off..
I finished the socks done in Wool-Ease in the worsted weight..what lovely fluffy fuzzy socks they made..hid any mistakes!
Oh..also..I just bought a lovely!! spinning kit..now if I could just figure out what to do with these slivers of yarn(that's what they are called..)..not sure if this is ready for spinning?? or if it needs one more step*LOL* foolish me ..I always seem to jump in with both feet and a blindfold!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never worked with magic stripes, but I have worked with some Lang Jawoll self-striping yarn from our not-very-local yarn shop. After they disinvited mom from the knitting circle, I refused to do business there anymore, so now I have to order my yarn on the web.. or spin it. Anyway... The question of selling knitted stuff recently came up in a conversation, and the person I was talking to said it's usually a good to try to get three times what you paid for the yarn.
Ex: You paid $12 for the sock yarn. $12 X 3 = $36. It may seem like a lot, but supposedly people ARE willing to buy knitted stuff for that much. If they went to some expensive shop in the big city, they'd probably end up paying $200 for a sweater or something, right? You could always explain it that way if they gripe. :P Good luck with your spinning endeavors.

11:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<

<< Home