Knittingpretty

Let me introduce myself. I'm a 42 year old mother of triplet 20 year old boys. Yep, that's my only claim to fame*LOL* . They've moved out..and my job has become..stressful.Currently I joined a couple of knitting groups.And they in turn have people..that knit.(no..really??) .and have blogs..So I figured..why not!

Friday, December 08, 2006

spinning

It's the strangest thing..the spinning kit I bought came with three different feeling fleece rovings/slivers..still unsure of terminology..the brown which was what I figured I'd start with was all fluff..when I tugged on the end trying to grab a strand it was miniscule..of course that was the one I was trying to learn on..and made dreadlocks..all pretty short batches..no idea how I join..and no matter how hard I tried..I kept ending up with these matty balls in my hands..from sweaty palms and pulling out the slubs...I decided to try the rough wool..which was already dyed a lovely teal...did the pet the kitty thing..and started splitting the slivers..got them to pencil size and started spinning..what I ended up with was single ply and about 6 yards..hmmm..not alot a person can make out of 6 yards of yarn..but at least it doesn't look like dread locks!..it came out kind of..normal..if it was a normal three ply yarn*LOL* it wasn't all that bad and only took me an hour total by hand..Unfortunatly now my throat is scratchy..will have to think if I should be doing this outside..of course right now it's 25 degrees F out..a little cold to be sitting in a chair outside..
On another note..the other day I had to give my cats a pill..actually..1 1/2 pills for one..and 1 for the lil girly..and anyone that has cats knows what a task that can be..well my first time trying to accomplish that..had love o my life hold the cat..since he figured he'd gag when the cat does..and putting his fingers in the cats mouth is way down on his wish list!!(like I wanted to do it or something?!!)So..coat the pill in butter and freeze..did the lil girly all on my own thank you very much..but when it comes to Bast! He's 20 lbs of grouch when held..hmmmm..now..did we remember to wrap the kitty in a towel for less scratches?? noooooo...did we put gloves on ???....noooooo...did we end up with bandages and holes on our various appendages??You betcha!!..nothing like trying to shuffle cards at work with multiple bandaides adorning our piggies!..next time I'm gonna get a friend to make me chain mail gauntlets!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<

<< Home